Marketplace International: April 12th 2018
About the Event
Today, sustainability is a driving force for many businesses. We understand that it is increasingly a factor in choosing the suppliers or companies with whom you do business. With this in mind, Bord Bia has created Marketplace International – a unique, invitation-only, trade event bringing together world class Irish food and drink exporters and international trade buyers from around the world with the ambition of writing new, mutually beneficial, sustainable business.
This unique trade event is designed to make effective use of buyers’ time. Bespoke meeting schedules offering introductory meetings with potential suppliers are designed around each visiting buyer.
All participating Irish food and drink suppliers at the event will be Origin Green verified members. The Origin Green promise is an unprecedented one. It is the only sustainability programme in the world that operates on a national scale, uniting government, the private sector and food producers through Bord Bia, the Irish Food Board.
- Ireland exports over 80% of the food it produces and Irish companies supply top retailers, manufacturers and distributors in over 180 countries worldwide with top quality ingredients and branded packaged goods.
- Marketplace International is Ireland’s largest and most important trade event, showcasing the best of Ireland’s food and drink exporters under one roof.
- Opportunity to network with over 200 Irish companies representing beef, dairy, pigmeat, seafood, lamb, beverages, packaged goods and private label
- Learn more about Ireland’s Origin Green programme: Partnering with those who have verified commitment to sustainability has benefits for your business.
- Gain valuable global consumer and market insights which heavily influence category management and consumer purchase decision
- Discover how Ireland can offer a solution to your supply chain problems by guaranteeing safe, traceable, consistent and secure supply
- Gain a greater understanding of sustainability and what that means to your customers and the part you can play in sourcing sustainably and responsibly
- Network with 500+ of your international industry peers
- Optional sector-specific itineraries to visit production facilities, meet key personnel and see firsthand Ireland’s production capabilities
- Optional retail and foodservice store visits