Origin Green Sustainability Programme
- • Within The Nest Box Egg Company’s current sustainability plan (2018-2022), it demonstrated exemplary performance in 2020 across a number of targets, including the areas of primary producer sustainability initiatives, packaging, water, and community engagement.
- • Within the area of packaging, the company set a target to reduce plastic usage per tonne of product produced by 10% by 2022.
- • The company is currently performing strongly, being 6% ahead of baseline with two years remaining in the current plan.
- • This was driven in 2020 by a comprehensive packaging review, including liaising with groups such as NPP Packaging and the Packaging Centre to drive efficiencies.
- • Alternative packaging solutions are proactively being identified and implemented with further progress anticipated over the remainder of the plan.