Origin Green Sustainability Programme
- • Dawn Meat sources 96% of its cattle and sheep from members of Bord Bia’s Sustainable Beef and Lamb Assurance Scheme and has over 20,000 farmer suppliers in Ireland.
- • Dawn Meats work in partnership with key stakeholders to advance the sustainability of the livestock sector.
- • The Company’s packaging strategy is focused on reducing substrates and increasing the recyclability and recycled content of its plastic packaging.
- • Dawn Meats delivered a solution for its retail Modified Atmosphere Packaging and Skin Packaging trays to make them easier to recycle and to support a circular economy.
- • The volume of non-detectable carbon black plastic trays in the supply chain reduced by 84% over the last 2 years, while the average recycled content in rigid plastic trays increased to 90%.
- • Its corrugated and solid board paper packaging is Forest Stewardship Council certified.